Chiropractic Treatment in Ottawa, ON
Why We Are Different
EDUCATION is an essential part of our consultations. One of our top priorities is to ensure that our patients have an understanding of their body’s anatomy, how the injury may have occurred and how to prevent it from returning in the future.
We emphasize the patient’s active role with their treatment program and TEACH them how to overcome and achieve their goals that are relevant to their work-related responsibilities and recreational lifestyle. Our treatment approach focuses on improving certain aspects of your life that are unique to you, such as work, hobbies, sports, and more.
COLLABORATION amongst professionals who have different experience and education improves our success rate. We hire practitioners who have different interests, experiences, and certifications. We learn from and utilize each other’s experience to provide our patients with the best possible approach for their goals.
Our HOLISTIC APPROACH to healthcare captures things that may often get missed. We will consider things like stress, nutrition, supplementation, cardiovascular fitness, and other important aspects of health, to help us understand your condition. Many of our recommendations will encompass all of the above.
The quality of our service is largely due to the VARIETY OF SKILLS that our practitioners utilize. Our therapists have invested in countless hours of additional education and now have the ability to combine a variety of therapies such as:
- Spinal and joint manipulation
- Muscular and fascial therapy
- Education and lifestyle changes
- Exercise and rehabilitation
- And more!
Advantages of Chiropractic Care
Chiropractic treatment looks beyond the symptoms and focuses on the source of pain. At Ottawa Health: Performance and Rehabilitation, we’re not in the business of offering quick fixes. Instead, we dive deep and dissect the problem and then empower you to create long-term changes. As primary healthcare providers, you do not need a physician referral to access our care.
Chiropractic is an evidence-informed, non-invasive, hands-on health care discipline that focuses on the neuromusculoskeletal system. Doctors of Chiropractic primarily use their hands, providing diagnosis, treatment, and preventive care for disorders related to the spine, pelvis, shoulders, hips, nervous system, muscles, joints and more!
Some of the key benefits of chiropractic care are:
- Improvements in lower back and neck pain
- Decrease use of pain-relieving medication
- Improve joint range of motion and function
- Improve other spine-related pain
- Improve nervous system function
- Decrease headaches and migraines
- Strength improvements and injury prevention
- Improve sport performance
- Improve sleep and mental health
Common conditions our chiropractors treat:
- Sport & work-related injuries
- Motor vehicle accidents / whiplash
- Neck and back pain
- Headaches, dizziness & vertigo
- Temporomandibular disorders (TMD)
- Repetitive strain: tendinitis, bursitis, plantar fasciitis
- Pregnancy-related low back and pelvic girdle pain
- Shoulder, elbow, wrist, hip, knee & ankle pain
- Pre- and post-operative rehabilitation
- Coccydynia or tailbone pain
- and many more!