If you have never visited our clinic, or have never been to a chiropractor, physiotherapist or massage therapist, here are some things to keep in mind. If you still have questions, or would like clarification, reach out to us directly at 613-728-9414 or send us a message. We’d be happy to provide you more information.
Prior to your initial visit, our clinic assistants will contact you directly to inform you of the following:
- Contact, location and directions to the clinic, including access to our free on-site parking
- Option to opt into direct insurance billing for your peace of mind with directions on how to do so
- You’ll receive a “Welcome” email with your appointment date, time and other information
- You will also receive an email with a link to complete our online intake forms prior to your visit
- Please wear comfortable clothing for your initial assessment
- This includes: shorts, t-shirts, tank tops, athletic pants, leggings, etc.
- If you have any questions, please contact us before your appointment via phone or email
Your First Chiropractic Visit
- Our Chiropractic Doctors begin all assessments by performing a health history interview to gather information regarding your current health complaints
- This is followed by a physical examination, report of findings from the assessment and, if applicable, will communicate a diagnosis. During this discussion, we provide you with education on your condition, our recommendations and conclude with a proposed treatment plan.
- Chiropractic treatments at Ottawa Health: Performance and Rehabilitation include a variety of techniques and services. They may include: soft tissue therapy, spinal manipulation/adjustments, acupuncture, stretching, exercises, and more.
- Please wear comfortable fitting clothing for your examination and treatments.
- If you have any concerns or hesitation towards any particular technique, please let your Doctor know. Our patient’s informed consent is a priority.
To read more about our Chiropractic service, click here.
Your First Physiotherapy Visit
- Similarly to our Chiropractic assessments, our physiotherapists take the time to get to know you and your health concerns.
- You will receive a comprehensive physical examination that will assess test your physical abilities, limitations and difficulties therein.
- Treatments will typically include a customized rehabilitation protocol that is created to meet your objectives and day-to-day responsibilities. This could include pre- or post-operative function, work-related duties, sport-specific requirements, or simply to improve your physical abilities.
- One of the unique and valued aspects of our physiotherapists is that they are with you from start to finish. We do not rely on physiotherapy assistants. We work wit you 1-on-1 and allocate our full attention to you to ensure you get the best available therapy.
To read more about our physiotherapy service, click here.
Your First Massage Therapy Visit
- Massage therapy is one of our most popular services, hence the difficulty in getting appointments sometimes!
- Our Registered Massage Therapists in Ottawa are trained to address and cater your massage to the needs of your body.
- The first visit will include a brief history to understand your concerns and needs. The therapy session will vary depending on the communication between you and the therapist.
- We always encourage our clients to provide feedback to the therapist regarding things like pressure, sensitive areas, areas to focus on, or any other piece of information that will improve your experience.
- Each of our sessions is followed by a thorough cleaning of the massage table and equipment. Each client will only use freshly sanitized and cleaned linens.
To read more about our massage therapy service, click here.
Included in your Clinic Intake Form are our Clinic Policies:
Accuracy of Information – to certify that the medical information provided is correct to your knowledge.
Privacy and Sharing of Information – to authorize the clinic and its associated health professionals to collect your personal and medical information as documented in the form. In addition, grant authorization to the clinic and its associated health professionals to communicate with your family doctor, referring practitioner and/or insurance provider as deemed necessary for your beneficial treatment. Statement for your understanding that your personal and medical information is confidential and will only be disclosed to third parties with your permission.
Cancellation Policy – your appointment time is reserved just for you. A late cancellation or missed visit leaves a hole in the therapists’ day that could have been filled by another patient. As such, we require 24 hours notice for any cancellations or changes to your appointment. Patients who provide less than 24 hours notice, or miss their appointment, will be charged a cancellation fee.
Settlement of Fees – as part of our priority to better serve you, we may provide credit to patients for a variety of reasons. This is done on a case-by-case basis and is up to the practitioners discretion. Regardless of the reason for providing credit, settlement of the bill is the full responsibility of the client. You will never be billed or scheduled without your consent, and therefore, the accumulation of any credit is completely optional.