Massage Therapy in Ottawa, ON
Massage therapy involves gentle but effective techniques to manipulate the body’s soft tissues to alleviate pain, tension and promote wellness. This hands-on treatment approach effectively relieves the symptoms of stress, improves blood circulation, and is a key component in treating muscle and joint pain that can result from overuse injuries, prolonged postures, headaches, injuries such as sprains and strains, among many more!
For example, massage therapy is highly recommended for individuals who are struggling with chronic overuse injuries and those who require well-rounded rehabilitation, such as after a motor vehicle accident. Massage therapy is also an effective treatment for a variety of other complaints including anxiety, depression, pregnancy/prenatal discomfort, multiple sclerosis, chronic fatigue, and more.
If you’re ready to ditch the pain pills for a drug-free, safe and non-invasive alternative, now is the time to try massage therapy at Ottawa Health.
Benefits of Massage Therapy
You stand to benefit from massage therapy if you’re experiencing tension headaches, sciatica, pregnancy-related pain, muscle injuries, stress and insomnia, carpal tunnel syndrome, whiplash, among others.
Some of the key benefits of massage therapy include:
- Reduced muscle tension
- Faster recovery of soft tissue injuries
- Improved circulation
- Increased joint mobility
- Stimulation of the lymphatic system
- Relaxation and decreased production of stress hormones
- Enhanced mental alertness
- Feelings of calmness and groundedness
With massage therapy being covered by many individuals’ extended health care benefits, it is now easier than ever to experience the positive effects of therapeutic massage. Our practitioners work collaboratively to provide the best patient care. This means we often incorporate massage therapy as part of our customized treatment regimens for physiotherapy, chiropractic, and naturopathic medicine. Get in touch with Ottawa Health: Performance and Rehabilitation today to book your appointment with our massage therapists.
Massage Therapy Techniques
Our experienced Registered Massage Therapists at Ottawa Health: Performance and Rehabilitation provide high-quality and effectively calming massages using various massage therapy techniques. We work with you to create and attain treatment goals that are always striving for long-term results and wellness.
- A key method incorporated in many treatments is the Swedish massage. A Swedish massage relies on kneading, long strokes, and friction motions to boost circulation and encourage gentle relaxation. Our therapists also use joint mobilizations and trigger point therapy to target sites of discomfort.
- Deep tissue massage is commonly utilized to target trigger points. These points are often felt as dense areas of tissues which often create referrals or sensation of pain in regions far from the trigger point. Our therapists are aware of these referral patterns and help find the root cause of your pain.
- A Graston method is a form of manual therapy often applied as part of soft tissue mobilization. This technique combines instruments with a specialized form of massage to release fascial restrictions and boost muscle health.
- Trigger point therapy involves targeting unique and pain-provoking areas of muscles. These trigger points often feel like nodules that reproduce pain when pushed on. They often produce a “referral” of pain that travels when the trigger point is provoked. By releasing these dysfunctional areas, the body releases wonderfully and pain is diminished.
Our Massage Therapy Membership Program
Interested in long-term benefits from massage therapy?
Save big with our Massage Therapy Membership program!
How it works:
- Enjoy a monthly personalized 60-minute therapeutic massage at our discounted rate of $89.99 (savings of $15.00/massage)
- Any additional sessions will also receive the discount
- Invite your immediate family to enjoy the same discounted rate under one membership
- SAVE 10% on our supplement catalogue online and in-store (over 20,000 supplements to choose from)
- Roll-over any unused sessions without any cost or penalty
- Monthly promotions, including but not limited to: yoga classes, nutrition seminars, mobility workshops and more.
Contact us for more information
We encourage individuals who are looking to prevent muscle pains to consider massage therapy as well. Remember, you don’t have to wait until you’re in pain to book an appointment with us.